Thursday, October 4, 2007

Oops!

I think about this blog every so often, but didn't have the motivation to get my ass on it and write.
As far as working on our house to get it sold, we have put it all on hold until next January. So right after we recover from New Year's Eve, we have to get going again.

We still go out to our land frequently, and mark off the areas where the house and the pond will be and chop low branches off trees, kick down dead trees and decide which trees will stay and which we'll chop down. There's a lot of cool maples there, and some cool pines, too.

My favorite tree is the one that has wire fencing growing right through it. It looks like someone had wire fence up next to it about 100 years ago and it became part of the tree as it grew. About a month ago Jeremy helped me spray paint a trail leading to that tree so I can find it on my own and make it back.
I love the smell of fresh cut white pine. Every time I carried a pine branch into the brush pile, I had to stop and smell the chopped end of it first.
Fall is my favorite time of year!

No comments: